Thursday, July 13, 2017

WEEK 3 Topic 1


I chose YouTube for my this and the organization I searched for was the ASPCA. They seem to using social media to their advantage from what I have seen. No other form of advertisement would serve their purpose nearly as effectively as video advertisement. Just on YouTube alone when you search for “ASPCA”, over 100,000 results come up. There are over 21,000 people who subscribe to their channel which has thousands of videos.  think that this organization uses a social media platform to reach a more broad audience than using television commercials alone. With all the sharing and reposting that happens daily on social media their message and their videos are obviously going to get more views. They are targeting anyone and everyone who has a soft spot for our furry friends, and I would say that it seems to be working well. It isn’t hard to reel people in with a gut-wrenching montage of helpless, scared& abused animals. If their goal was to get the word out and shed light on the topic of animal abuse than I would have to say MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. If I were a product/brand manager for the ASPCA I would focus on showing more before and after pictures, video clips, interviews with people who have adopted pets through the ASPCA and maybe some upbeat music playing while healthy, rehabilitated animals are shown. By showing more positive before/after comparisons I believe more people would consider donating, and here is why: I think that more people would donate to a cause if they have visual confirmation of the good it is doing. I mean, as sad as it is to watch the commercials with the neglected animals, I still don’t consider giving the ASPCA money. However I think most people would be more willing to donate money if they were to see the same malnourished, mangy animal flourishing in a new, friendly environment where they looked happy. This would be visual proof of how your donations are making a REAL difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment